Connecticut Innovations (CI) and the Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale (Tsai CITY) are joining forces to combine innovation with art in a way that highlights the culture and talent living right here in New Haven. Yale students and local artists can now apply to win a scholarship in exchange for creating a custom piece that will be displayed at CI’s office headquarters located in New Haven.
Right now, there are six different opportunities throughout the building for custom artwork and name to be displayed. The scholarship amount will be dependent on the project area in which artists are selected. In addition to the financial benefit, this collaboration will also offer continued support to each artist, including an awards ceremony, media promotion and connections to CI’s network of innovators throughout Connecticut.
- To be selected as a creator for the Connecticut Innovations x Tsai CITY Art Collaboration, you must complete the online application by Monday, April 4.
- All applications will be carefully reviewed by a team of CI and Tsai CITY representatives before selecting our second round of candidates.
- Second round candidates will be invited for an interview and walkthrough of CI’s office space in late April.
- After meeting and getting an idea of everyone’s artistic vision, our team will decide the six artists for the collaboration.
- Lastly, the selected artists will be assigned to an area and begin designing their piece! All artworks will be installed this summer, followed by an awards ceremony at our headquarters.
AREAS OPEN FOR ART
We have identified six amazing spaces for artists in which to work. A brief description and a link to view photos of each space can be found below.