Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Lauren is responsible for public relations strategy and execution for CI. Her role includes crafting key messaging and conveying our story and news to CI stakeholders and the public. She also counsels CI portfolio companies on messaging, positioning, pitching, public speaking, web development, thought leadership, social media and more.
Lauren joined CI in October 2013 and was integral in the rebranding initiative of CTNext.
Lauren has worked with clients to develop and articulate their brands and messaging for more than 10 years. Prior to joining CI, she served as the director of public relations at Adams & Knight, where she provided public relations and social media counsel and execution on integrated marketing accounts. For more than five years before that, Carmody was vice president for Prosek Partners (formerly CJP Communications), a public relations agency focusing on financial services public relations, where she provided companies with the best strategy and tactics for achieving results for public relations campaigns.
Lauren has worked on everything from product launches and deal announcements to rebranding and thought leadership platform development. She has worked to create and execute strategic communications plans for Edward Jones, GE Capital, Hartford Steam Boiler, Franklin Templeton, Hiscox, World Gold Council and Aflac.
- B.A., Public Relations, Spanish, Quinnipiac University
- M.B.A., Quinnipiac University
- Favorite place: Reid’s Palace in Madeira, Portugal
- Passion: I’m very passionate about encouraging kids to read. My friends and I even started a children’s book club and swap.
- Favorite hobbies: Soccer—watching or playing; traveling—although, with three little ones, the destinations are much closer.
“Vision without execution is hallucination.”