Get To Know
Managing Director, Investments
Douglas is responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, serving on boards of directors, and supporting the growth and success of portfolio companies. Douglas has led Connecticut Innovations’ investments in eBrevia (acquired by Donnelley Financial Solutions), iDevices (acquired by Hubbell), Tru Optik Data Corp. (acquired by TransUnion) and Logicbroker (acquired by K1 Investment Management).
Before joining CII, Douglas gained extensive experience with early-stage businesses as both an operator and adviser. He founded a consulting firm to assist early-stage companies identify and assess growth opportunities, generate sustainable revenue and manage intellectual property. As a senior consultant at a boutique management consulting firm, Douglas was a strategic adviser to companies in the software, telecommunications, information technology and medical device industries. He advised investors in early-stage businesses, representing more than $250 million in invested capital. Earlier in his career, Douglas spent more than a decade as an operator in the telecommunications industry, primarily focused on building international voice, data and IP networks.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Economics and Mathematics, Boston University
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Boston University
- M.B.A., Strategic Management and Entrepreneurial Management, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (Commencement Speaker)
- Intellectual Asset Management Strategy 300: The World’s Leading Intellectual Property Strategists
- Arccos Golf
- CiDRA Concrete Systems Inc.
- CiDRA Minerals Processing Inc.
- Davra Networks
- eBrevia (Acquired)
- Enviro Power, LLC
- Flow ID, Inc.
- iDevices (Acquired)
- Landsdowne Labs, LLC
- LiveClips (Acquired)
- Local Yokel Media (Acquired)
- Logicbroker (Acquired)
- MediaCrossing (Acquired)
- Occo Co.
- Peer Robotics, Inc.
- Smart Seal, Inc.
- Stable Insurance, Inc.
- Streamdata.io (Acquired)
- Tru Optik Data Corp. (Acquired)
- Umbie Health Corporation (Acquired)
- Favorite place: The summit of any mountain, assuming you can only hike to get there
- Favorite hobbies: Competitive distance running, backpacking, downhill skiing
- Favorite food: Anything off the grill accompanied by an Anchor Steam beer
- Best advice given: “You are only as good as your next accomplishment”