Managing Director, Investments
Douglas is responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities, evaluating and negotiating investments, and supporting the growth and success of portfolio companies.
Before joining CI, Douglas gained extensive experience with early-stage businesses as both an operator and adviser. He founded a consulting firm to assist early-stage companies identify and assess growth opportunities, generate sustainable revenue and manage intellectual property. As a senior consultant at a boutique management consulting firm, Douglas provided strategic advisory services to companies in the software, telecommunications, information technology and medical device industries. He advised investors in early-stage businesses, representing more than $250 million in invested capital. Earlier in his career, Douglas spent more than a decade in the telecommunications industry, primarily focused on international voice, data and IP networks in emerging markets.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Economics and Mathematics, Boston University
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Boston University
- M.B.A., Strategic Management and Entrepreneurial Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Favorite place: The summit of any mountain, assuming you can only hike to get there
- Favorite hobbies: Competitive distance running, backpacking, downhill skiing
- Favorite food: Anything off the grill accompanied by an Anchor Steam beer