Douglas is responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities, evaluating and negotiating investments, and supporting the growth and success of portfolio companies.
Before joining CI, Douglas gained extensive experience with early-stage businesses as both an operator and adviser. He founded a consulting firm to assist early-stage companies identify and assess growth opportunities, generate sustainable revenue and manage intellectual property. As a senior consultant at a boutique management consulting firm, Douglas provided strategic advisory services to companies in the software, telecommunications, information technology and medical device industries. He advised investors in early-stage businesses, representing more than $250 million in invested capital. Earlier in his career, Douglas spent more than a decade in the telecommunications industry, primarily focused on international voice, data and IP networks in emerging markets.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Economics and Mathematics, Boston University
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Boston University
- M.B.A., Strategic Management and Entrepreneurial Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Favorite place: The summit of any mountain, assuming you can only hike to get there
- Favorite hobbies: Competitive distance running, backpacking, downhill skiing
- Favorite food: Anything off the grill accompanied by an Anchor Steam beer