Chris is responsible for managing CI’s human resources activities. Chris joined CI in July 2012 following the organization’s merger with the Connecticut Development Authority (CDA), where he served as manager of human resources and affirmative action.
Chris has over 20 years of human resources experience. He joined the State of Connecticut in 1993 and, in addition to CI and CDA, has held positions with the Department of Labor and the Office of the State Comptroller.
Chris began his career in the United States Army, where he served on active duty from 1985 to 1988, obtaining the rank of sergeant. His service included a 14-month tour in Korea. Chris also served in the U.S. Army Reserves for five years following his release from active duty.
- AAU/Parks & Rec basketball coach
- Sponsored back-to-school events for inner-city youth promoting the importance of education and self-esteem
- 2006 Volunteer Recognition Award Recipient (Town of East Hartford)
- 2008 graduate of “Quest,” Leadership Greater Hartford’s leadership development program
- Has a daughter who met Colin Powell when he visited the Asylum Hill Boys and Girls Club in Hartford, Connecticut, a few years back
- Loves basketball
- Works with youth in the Greater Hartford area to ensure they take “positive steps today to ensure a brighter future tomorrow”
- Working with youth in the Greater Hartford area to ensure they take “positive steps today to ensure a brighter future tomorrow.”