This request for Business Assistance is a brief outline to enable the DECD to determine, on a preliminary basis, the suitability and eligibility of the business to apply for the Accumulated Tax Credit Expansion Program. A current business plan should be included (consult with your Project Manager if assistance is needed). The business plan should include a complete description of the firm, its products and services, and the expansion project.
All information accompanying this Application is confidential and exempt from the Freedom of Information Act.
- Business Legal Name: List the full legal name of the applicant for financial assistance.
- Address: Mailing address where correspondence should be sent.
- Contact Person: If appropriate, include title, phone and email.
- Project Address (if different): Include full address and country.
- Type of Business: Include Type of product/service, NAICS Code, federal employer ID#and state tax registration #.
- Business Ownership: Provide name, title, % of ownership, social security # and indicate if business if minority or woman-owned.
- Form of Ownership: Indicate the type and date established.
- Unpaid Taxes: List any including type, amount, past due and payment terms.
- Estimated Stranded Tax Credits currently on company’s balance sheet must include:
- R&D amount
- Outstanding, pending or anticipated claims or litigation against company
- Personal declaration of bankruptcy or an officer of a company or organization where bankruptcy was declared
- Receipt of prior state financing and company that provided financing along with amount, program and date received.
- Environmental Compliance
- OSHA Compliance
- Public Disclosure
- Required documents include:
- Letter of Good Standing from the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Interested companies must submit a plan to DECD for investing in venture related activities and the expected outcomes of the investment including:
- Target markets for investments
- Expected investment amount/company
- Stage of companies
- Expected new jobs in the state
- Location of companies
- Certification by Applicant: Must review, sign and date.