Get To Know
Renee Wasko is passionate about the translation of exceptional science into transformative new ventures. As an investment associate, she is responsible for evaluating new investment opportunities, identifying potential new ventures based in Connecticut’s talented scientific community, as well as supporting the growth and operations of CI’s portfolio companies.
Renee has lived, trained and worked in Connecticut her entire life. She earned her B.S. in molecular and cell biology from the University of Connecticut’s Honors Program, where she conducted her honors research thesis in a UConn-Technology Incubator Program (TIP) company based in Farmington, CT. She then proceeded to get her Ph.D. in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology from Yale, where she studied epithelial tissue regeneration while also gaining experience in venture capital, tech transfer and scientific consulting.
- B.S. in Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut
- Ph.D. in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University
- Favorite hobbies: swing dancing, vintage jazz music and dance, volleyball
- Favorite place: Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center (NYC)
- Favorite food: Veggie Korma with a side of samosa from House of Naan (New Haven)