Matt joined CI in early 2014 and is responsible for sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities, structuring and executing transactions, and supporting the growth and success of portfolio companies post-investment. Previous successful investments he has helped support include CyVek (acquired by Bio-Techne Corp.; NASDAQ: TECH), PCC Technologies (acquired by Clearview Capital) and iDevices (acquired by Hubbell Inc.; NYSE: HUBB).
Prior to CI, Matt led deal teams in completing seed- and early-stage investments across various tech sectors for Excell Partners, and also played key roles in helping to launch both the Rochester Angel Network’s Fund I and the Simon Business School’s student-run venture fund (serving as CEO for the Simon VC Fund’s first two seed investments).
Earlier in his career, Matt gained hands-on entrepreneurial experience as part of the founding management team for a university spinout called Creative Bioreactor Designs, Inc. In this role, he successfully guided a nascent tissue-engineering R&D firm through its initial bootstrapping phase and fundraising efforts in order to commercialize and sell three novel product platforms.
- B.S., Business, Wake Forest University
- M.B.A., Finance/Corporate Accounting, University of Rochester
- Arccos Golf (Observer)
- Continuity Control (Observer)
- Copyleaks (Director)
- Diameter Health (Observer)
- Intelligent Clearing Network (Observer)
- Oil Purification Systems (Observer)
- Payveris (Observer)
- SecBI (Board Member)
- Shelf.io (Observer)
- Slooh (Observer)
- Tru Optik Data Corp
- Favorite Hobbies: Traveling, hiking, golf and DIY house renovations
- Favorite Place: Anywhere I’ve never been before
- Favorite Food: Thanksgiving dinner, sushi, anything with a good story behind it