Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer
Dave is responsible for managing the investment function at CI, which includes staffing, portfolio and risk management, outreach, budget planning and performance measurement. He also is responsible for oversight of the Connecticut Bioscience Innovation Fund (CBIF) and the Regenerative Medicine Research Fund (RMRF).
When he joined CI in 2009 as senior managing director of investments, Dave had extensive senior-level experience in operations and finance, including more than 10 years as executive vice president, treasurer and CFO of CuraGen Corporation, a former CI portfolio company. Dave guided the biotech company through its initial public offering and helped raise more than $700 million. Dave was also involved in negotiating strategic and business development alliances with several pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including Roche, Bayer and Amgen-Freemont (Abgenix). He helped to grow CuraGen and its technology development subsidiary into an operation with more than 500 employees and a market capitalization as high as $5.3 billion.
Dave began his professional career with Coopers & Lybrand in Hartford, Connecticut (now part of PricewaterhouseCoopers), where he held various accounting and managerial positions.
- B.B.A., Accountancy, University of Notre Dame
- Certified Public Accountant
- ReNetX Bio (Board)
- Special Diversified Opportunities, Inc. (Board)
- Summit Therapeutics (Board)
- Thetis Pharmaceuticals (Board )
- Favorite place: The solitude of my lake house
- Community/volunteer work: Church cantor/vocal soloist
- Favorite hobbies: Golf, saxophone
- Favorite food: Spaghetti carbonara
“If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it.”