Small Business Innovation and Diversification Program
The objective of this program is to strengthen existing Connecticut manufacturers by facilitating and/or accelerating the development, sales and manufacturing of innovative, diverse products (including software) and services. The specific objective is to enable firms to design and develop innovative technologies that diversify their portfolio of products thereby retaining/increasing sales and employment in the State.
Acting on behalf of the Department of Economic and Community Development, the CT SBIR Office at Connecticut Innovations (CI) is administering this program on a matching grant basis. Companies will partner with this program by providing a dollar-for-dollar match, maximum of $25,000. Awards under this program are contingent upon the availability of funds.
- Firms must have a NAICS Code of 311111-339999 for manufacturing companies
- Firms must provide at least three years historical financial information
- Firms must have established operations in the State of Connecticut
- Firms must remain in Connecticut for 10 years once grant is received
- Firms must have less than 500 employees Each eligible firm will have the opportunity to submit and win one proposal per year.
This is a pilot program. Grants will average between $5,000 to $25,000 and are funded on a competitive basis, according to the following process:
- Application Submittal
- Review Process, including independent reviews and possible site visit
- Project start date: (maximum duration of the project - 9 months)
- Evaluation period extending 2 years beyond project completion
For more information please contact one of us.
We succeed when you succeed.